Welcome to the INN documentation. INN is a Single-Sign-On and Address Sharing solution, which is made by Opplysningen 1881 AS. The purpose of INN is quick and easy sharing of delivery addresses for checkouts. Web-SSO comes included with INN, adding the bonus of one-click user identification.
This page will help you get your application up an running with INN, but also provide background information on the inner workings of the INN platform.
INN enables you to set up any application all by yourself. It is done in two steps:
- Registering your application in INN. That means logging into INN Self Service, our self service solution, to register your application with us.
- Integrating your application with INN, i.e. use one of our libraries or guides to authenticate your users with our platform.
The next two sections will describe these steps in further detail.
Register your application in INN Self Service
- INN is built so that you can integrate any number of application with Log into INN Self Service.
- In INN Self Service you can register your own applications. To do this, click "New"
- Create a new application by filling out the form. There are quite a few
fields, but you don't
really need all of them for a basic setup. What you'll need is:
- Application name, i.e. the name of your application.
- App URL, i.e. the URL at which your application is located.
- Company name, i.e. the name of your company.
You're now ready to integrate your application with INN. Below you'll find integration tutorials for various platforms. Pick one that suits you, and get your app up and running with INN.
You're now ready to integrate with our application. Below you'll find integration tutorials for various platforms. Pick one that suits you, and get your app up and running with INN.
Following are guides for using INN with various platforms. Follow the URL for more information on usage. Contact us if you are missing one.
- Integrating with Opplysningen INN on the server-side with Java
- INN JS Library for single-page applications
- INN Add-On for Episerver
- INN Plugin for WordPress
When your app is integrated, you might wonder what other possibilties there are. You can see the APIs for your applications in our Online INN API reference
INN is built on the Whydah platform. Whydah is an open source platform for authentication. How does it work?
Following are resources at the Whydah wiki, that will explain the inner workings of the platform. That might be useful for some developers integrating with INN. Most importantly, it is important to us that you as a developer can be confident in the security and integrity of the platform.
- Introduction to the Whydah SSO Platform (link)
- User Session Validation Pitfalls (link)
- Whydah Integration Tutorials (link)
INN has some data structures that are not a part of the Whydah-platform. Following are descriptions of these data structures, i.e. which fields they have an example data: